Nourishing pre cleansing oil
The art of cleansing is the foundation of any skincare regimen.
Here at Graydon, we believe in setting aside a few minutes each evening to cleanse off the day, both physically and energetically. Granting yourself extra time to give your face some love can be truly transformational and with Keto Cleanse's rich buttery coconut scent the experience is truly intoxicating. Ever notice how much more fresh and beautiful you feel when you wake up after a deep cleanse the night before, as opposed to passing out on your bed, makeup and all? Quite a difference!!
The ways in which we clean our face have transformed over the years. From your grandmother’s cold cream to the squeaky clean foaming cleanser of your teenage years, there have always been a variety of ways to get your skin clean. One of these methods that has taken the spotlight recently in the modern skincare world is the process of oil cleansing. While this method may seem totally new to some, using oil to clean and purify the skin has actually been around for thousands of years. Ancient cultures from around the world used some of the same natural plant oils that we use today to remove dirt and grime from the skin. What’s old is new again.
So, how does oil cleansing work? It begins with the basic chemistry principal of 'like dissolving like'. So, oil actually dissolves the excess oil that builds up on our skin throughout the day that clogs our pores. Our skin naturally produces a type of oil itself, called sebum. This beneficial substance maintains our skin’s natural pH balance while also protecting and moisturizing. Many harsh traditional cleansers not only remove dirt and grime that have accumulated throughout the day, but they strip the skin of it’s own sebum, which can wreak havoc over time. Without this protective film of oil, the skin is not only more susceptible to bacteria and the possibility of infection (pimples and inflammation), but it also sends a message to your skin that it needs to produce more oil, resulting in excess oil. And more breakouts!
Oil cleansing thoroughly removes unwanted oil and grime, while simultaneously moisturizing the skin and protecting it. And, it’s great for every skin type. From normal skin to severe acne, everyone can benefit from cleansing with a proper oil.
- MCT Oil • derived from coconuts, this extremely light oil is excellent at breaking down dirt and grime on your face.
Ghee • a staple in the Ayurvedic world of skincare, ghee is considered to have time-tested skin balancing qualities.
Coconut Oil • rich and aromatic, our raw cold pressed coconut oil protects your skin with anti-microbial qualities.
1. Begin with a dry face. Take about a quarter sized amount of Keto Cleanse and apply it evenly over your whole face, neck and eye area, right on top of makeup and/or sunscreen.
2. Start at the chin and work your way up around the mouth, jaw, cheeks, eye area and end up at the forehead, using small circular motions to massage the oil deeply into your skin.
3. You can incorporate the same kind of movements you use when using a normal cleanser. However, this cleansing massage should take about two to three minutes if possible, so really take the time to massage the oil in across the face. Using oil to massage your skin ALSO helps promote blood circulation and lymph drainage, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, softens pores to help decongest the skin and is also incredibly relaxing.
4. Wet a washcloth or ideally your Bamboo Charcoal Sponge with hot water (you want it to be steamy and warm, but not scalding) and press it against your face. Hold it against your face for a minute, to steam and activate the oils. Breathe deep, then buff away thoroughly.
5. After making sure surface grime is removed, you can follow with our Face Foam or Aloe Milk Cleanser.
6. It does take some getting used to but if you are doing it right, your skin WILL be soooo happy! Give it a try. Your face will thank you.
*Note: Due to the natural of Keto Cleanse's all natural products you might find that it will slightly solidify when the bottle gets cold. This is normal. Simply run the bottle under warm water or place it (with the cap on) for a few moments and it would restore back to its original state.
Ingredients: caprylic/capric triglyceride (MCT) oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, butyrum (ghee) and nothing else!