Blueberry Ginger Bellini
Recipe created by the Self Proclaimed Foodie
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 tbs ginger, minced (the smaller the mince, the more intense the ginger flavor)
- 1 tbs sugar (substitute honey or maple syrup for a lower glycemic alternative)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup blueberry juice, chilled (substitute cranberry juice, if it's easier)
- 1 cup sparkling apple juice, chilled
- Mash blueberries with ginger, sweetener, and lemon juice. Allow the flavors to blend for at least five minutes, then press through a fine mesh sieve to discard the solids.
- Divide the mixture between two champagne flutes. Top with blueberry (or cranberry) juice, followed by sparkling apple juice.