Clogged pores are frustrating to say the least. They develop when dead skin cells, oil or dirt get trapped in them, thus it can cause acne and inflammation. As a natural astringent, parsley helps clarify pores and effectively cleanses skin from clogging impurities. So, it’s no secret that a parsley treatment may just be what you need for your congested pores. This is what your grandmother did to make her face look so fresh (no 'pore strips' required).
- Submerge a freshly washed bunch of parsley in a pot of boiling water with a washcloth.
- Allow the parsley and washcloth to soak until the water has cooled enough to take the cloth out of the bowl without boiling your fingers.
- Take the washcloth and place it over your face for a nice long steam.
- Give yourself at least 5 minutes to enjoy the moist pleasant aroma.
- If you have time, steam even longer. Just warm the parsley water in the pot and repeat the process.
- For further decongestion add a few drops of purifying essential oil to the water to boost the efficacy of the treatment.
- Take a close look at your face in a magnifying mirror paying close attention to your nose, chin and forehead. You should be able to see that any congestion within your pores will slide out and if so, you may wish to gently extract any blackheads, whiteheads and/or (non-cystic) blemishes using a clean cloth. They should come out fairly easily.
- Do not over squeeze any spots as you may cause more trouble than just leaving them alone.
- Be sure to follow up with a generous spritz of our Face Food Mineral Mist to reduce any inflammation due to the extraction process.
After this incredible recipe, you can add a moisturizer to lock in everything. Our Phyto Clear is not only perfect for clogged pores but it’s amazing for overall acne prone skin. One of the main reasons is because it has parsley in it - and we know how good parsley is - along with rosemary, sage, and thyme. All those amazing ingredients help clarify your face. It’s the perfect choice if you’re looking to get all the benefits of conventional retinol without the sensitizing effects.
Feel free to repeat this treatment at least once a week and above all, enjoy your fresh, clean skin! Because good skin days should happen everyday!