OCM: The Oil Cleansing Method
A Pure, Cold Pressed Facial Oil Cleanser Approach for Skin Care
You wash your face in an effort to get rid of excess oil and grime, but what about actually applying oil to cleanse your face?
I know it might seem counterintuitive (especially if you have oily skin) but I kid you not, oil based cleansers can and will 'cleanse your day away' like no other… all the while keeping your complexion supple and radiant!
Watch the Video: Oil Cleansing Method - Before and After
You’re probably asking yourself, what's the logic is behind adding more oil in order to subtract it? Well, the answer behind the concept of the oil cleansing method (OCM) is that adding good oil, counters the bad oil.
What happens is that the ‘good’ oil efficiently dissolves makeup and dirt without stripping your skin while simultaneously improving your skin tone. But oil cleansing is not just about using the right oils* it's also about using the oils the right way.
Here's how the oil cleansing method works:
- You start with dry skin and a small amount of an oil rubbed between your palms.
- Massage this warmed oil onto your face so that your oil cleanser can bind with excess sebum, makeup and pollution.
- Follow this up with a hot wet washcloth to steam your face, which will allow your pores to release themselves of congestion, makeup and dirt.
- Then wipe your face clean!
And there you have it... your very own soft, supple, happy face!
* Instead of mineral oil traditionally found in cheap drugstore mass market products, we strongly recommend that you cleanse your face with oil that is pure, cold pressed and unrefined.
As we enter warmer weather, help your skin out by making a few adjustments to your skincare routine early on to counteract these changes. Keep reading the learn. Keeping reading to learn how to transition your skincare routine from winter to warmer.Read now
A Green Smoothie Fit for a LeprechaunCelebrate St. Patrick's Day with this naturally green smoothie!Read now
Graydon Skincare Celebrates Women's MonthWe're proud to be a female-founded brand. Here's what our team had to say about why they celebrate Women's Month and the incredible women in their lives.Read now