Honey Hemp Milk Recipe
If you're looking for a tasty alternative to dairy, hemp milk is a super awesome source of calcium, protein and super healthy essential fatty acids.
This plant-based 'milk' (aka mylk) is a great option if you are lactose intolerant or have any dairy or soy sensitivities.
It has a very light, refreshing, nutty taste to it that's similar to almond milk but so much better because unlike almonds which take a lot of water to grow and are expensive, hemp milk is a much more eco-friendly crop and you don't need to strain the hemp heart out because they just blend in smoothly after using the blender.
You can drink this by itself, use it in your smoothie or add some to your coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Perfect for pretty much anything in which that you'd use regular milk.
- 1 L mason jar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of hemp hearts ( depends on how rich you want you 'milk' to taste)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey (use maple syrup if you're vegan!)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional, but a great addition to help support your immune system and blood sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract or raw vanilla bean (optional, but very yummy)
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder (optional, but great if you like the taste of chocolate milk like I do)
And if you really want to chill-axe you can add a few drops of CBD as well for next level deliciousness.
1. Measure the hemp hearts and water and pour into a blender followed by whatever combination of honey, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract, cacao (and/or CBD) you'd like to use to flavour your 'milk'.
2. Pulse on and off on high for a minute or two. When smooth and frothy pour mixture into your mason jar. There is no need to strain.
Note that if it is super frothy you may want to have a small cup so that it all fits in!
Ceramides are lipids that play an important role in skin barrier function. Keep reading to discover the benefits of adding ceramides to your skincare routine.Read now