Chaga Tea Recipe
If you are craving a warm cup of tea that also has immune boosting benefits you need to try chaga tea. These medicinal mushrooms are considered nutrient dense superfoods that have a great range of health benefits. Drinking chaga on a consistent basis can help lower cholesterol and also help fight inflammation in the body. I drink this all year round but it's especially beneficial during the winter since it gives your immune system a much needed boost during cold and flu season!
What You'll Need
- A handful of wild harvested chaga or chaga powder from Four Sigmatic
- Hot water
- Slow cooker
- Grab a handful of chaga chunks
- For every chunk of chaga, add in 6 oz of water
- Put mixture in a small slow-cooker, or in a pot on the stove on low heat
- Cook for 12-24 hours
- Drink tea as is, or add in your favourite nut milk and/or maple syrup for a little extra sweetness
- Reuse chaga chunks up to 3 times
Chaga also works great as a skincare treatment as well because of its anti-inflammatory properties so don't forget to check out this DIY chaga face mask too!