Avocados have been the toast of the town for years—but now you can get your superfood and drink it too.
Unlike high glycemic Irish Cream liqueur, avocado adds creamy deliciousness and a natural green hue. Plus, the good-for-you fat in avocado really helps keep your blood sugar in check (which will also curb your desire to satiate your hunger with more liquor).
Graydon's adult avocado smoothie
This recipe is equally tasty without the alcohol, so feel free to omit the booze and enjoy nourishing ingredients for healthy, radiant skin!
- 2 Tbsp avocado
- 1 tsp fresh, grated ginger
- 1/3 cup pineapple cubed into small pieces, plus more for garnish
- 3 lime wedges
- 2 mint sprigs
- 1 oz. tequila (optional)
- Mix up your ingredients in a blender and garnish with a handful of pineapple chunks.
Citrus salt rim
Take the flavour up a notch with this delicious addition.
Salt rim ingredients
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup Himalayan salt, divided
Salt rim instructions
- Place the lime zest and 1/4 cup of the salt in a blender and grind until slightly powdery.
- Mix with the remaining 1/4 cup of salt.
- Fill a saucer with a quarter of an inch of salt mix.
- Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge.
- Tip the empty glass on its side and gently roll the rim of the glass in the salt mix until the entire outer edge is covered.