A Skin Friendly Snack
These salty, crunchy, nuts are downright addictive! I eat them by the handful to keep my blood sugar balanced if I haven't had time for lunch or when I've got the before dinner munchies. I love that the healthy fat in them help to keep my skin glowing too!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon low-sodium tamari or coconut amino's
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional - but great if you like a tasty flavour kick that's good for your immune system)
Yield: Makes 1/2 Cup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the almonds with the tamari until the almond pieces are fully coated. Spread the almonds over the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast the almonds for 9 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden. The tamari will have dried up.
- Let cool completely on the pan. The almonds will harden up as they cool. Using a spoon, scrape the almonds off the parchment paper and enjoy! Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of weeks.
Hyaluronic acid is a skincare superstar! Discover the top three reasons you need to add this ingredient to your skincare routine.Read now
Can't decide between Fullmoon Serum and Moon Boost Serum? Discover how these facial serums are different and why they actually work better together.Read now
To use, or not to use an eye cream: that is the question. Read on to learn everything you need to know about eye creams and then some!Read now