A Skin Friendly Snack
These salty, crunchy, nuts are downright addictive! I eat them by the handful to keep my blood sugar balanced if I haven't had time for lunch or when I've got the before dinner munchies. I love that the healthy fat in them help to keep my skin glowing too!
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon low-sodium tamari or coconut amino's
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (optional - but great if you like a tasty flavour kick that's good for your immune system)
Yield: Makes 1/2 Cup
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the almonds with the tamari until the almond pieces are fully coated. Spread the almonds over the prepared baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast the almonds for 9 to 12 minutes, until lightly golden. The tamari will have dried up.
- Let cool completely on the pan. The almonds will harden up as they cool. Using a spoon, scrape the almonds off the parchment paper and enjoy! Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a couple of weeks.