Cocoa Keto Cups
IN THIS ARTICLE:
So much more satisfying than a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, these treats are blood sugar balancing, full of healthy fats, antioxidants, minerals, protein and fibre. And yes, they’re super tasty.
Better yet, the recipe is a cinch and you just need a few ingredients for this delicious treat.
Gather the following ingredients to make about 24 pieces:
- 8 ounces of extra dark or unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp finely ground pink salt
- A handful, or two, of lightly roasted nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts). If you prefer to go nut-free, use some seeds (like pumpkin, sunflower, or hemp, etc) and dried berries (blueberry, goji raisins, etc).
Optional: For extra sweetness and an energy boost, you can also add D-Ribose which is a supplement that's available in most health food stores. It looks and tastes like white sugar but it doesn't spike your blood sugar. It's s actually a factor in energy metabolism and production.
1. Combine everything (except the nuts/seeds) in a bowl and melt over low heat in a double boiler, stirring occasionally.
2. When melted, transfer to a blender and pulse until extra smooth.
3. Pour into mini muffin cups and decorate with nuts, seeds and/or dried berries.
4. Let cool in the fridge. Transfer to a covered container.
Craving more guilt-free chocolate recipes? Try this vegan chocolate mousse recipe that's made with ingredients you can feel good about!
Credit for melting chocolate image: mikafotostok
As we enter warmer weather, help your skin out by making a few adjustments to your skincare routine early on to counteract these changes. Keep reading the learn. Keeping reading to learn how to transition your skincare routine from winter to warmer.Read now
A Green Smoothie Fit for a LeprechaunCelebrate St. Patrick's Day with this naturally green smoothie!Read now
Graydon Skincare Celebrates Women's MonthWe're proud to be a female-founded brand. Here's what our team had to say about why they celebrate Women's Month and the incredible women in their lives.Read now