Magazine & Community Coordinator - Graydon Skincare
Do you live and breathe social media? Do you get excited about trends in the wellness/skincare/beauty space? Are you a blogger? Or do you love writing? Are you obsessed with clean beauty and enjoy nerding out about trends and ingredients? Are you passionate about sustainability and want to help make beauty better? Well, have the perfect job waiting for you!
The role of our Magazine & Community Coordinator will be to create and publish compelling content for Graydon Skincare across various marketing platforms. This includes supporting our Mindful Beauty Magazine (a digital publication), all social media activity, and influencer relations. The dynamic position will report to and work closely with Graydon's Marketing team and management.
This is a rare opportunity to make your mark on the trajectory of Graydon Skincare, a leader in the Canadian Clean Beauty movement!
The Ideal Candidate is:
- knowledgeable about clean beauty, skincare, wellness, and sustainability
- passionate about creating content and staying on top of social media trends
- gifted with written, verbal, and visual communication skills that will enable them to grow and nurture Graydon's community and online presence
- self-motivated while still being a team player. You are an independent, natural-born problem-solver and thrive working remotely but you also love working with a small, tight-knit team.
- adaptable and good at wearing multiple hats in a start-up culture company. A dynamic, fast-paced environment is what makes you tick!
- calm, cool, and collected. You have a keen sense of good judgment, diplomacy, and if/when necessary the ability to de-escalate a situation
- passionate about Graydon Skincare’s mission at Graydon of giving people “good skin days every day”
Your Role as Magazine & Community Coordinator Involves:
- supporting the marketing team with channel management including creating, managing, editing, and publishing content for Graydon's Mindful Beauty (digital) Magazine and disseminating that content via our social platforms (Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, Tik Tok, Facebook, and LinkedIn) in accordance with calendars and cross-functional marketing activities.
- creating original content and collecting user-generated content to be strategically deployed onto Graydon's feeds with the goal of generating engagement and growing our community while curating a look and feel that represents Graydon's brand image and values.
- interacting daily with Graydon's followers and customers. This includes responding to DMs and public comments across all social accounts and when necessary on our customer support platform
- organizing and maintaining influencer relationships to create and build a strong network while adhering to Graydon Skincare’s unique brand image and voice.
- implementing influencer marketing campaigns for product launches and special events, etc
- reviewing social analytics with respect to previously set goals for Graydon social channels. This would involve sharing your insights, creating reports, and presenting them to the team (incl management) along with your recommendations moving forward.
- living and breathing digital and social media trends (particularly in beauty, clean beauty, skincare, and wellness industries) and determining how to implement them into Graydon's social strategies.
- attending events and photoshoots to capture photo &/or video for the creation of engaging, impactful content across all channels.
- regular visits to Graydon Skincare HQ, in Toronto, ON. We’re a remote-first virtual team environment with in-person meetings and/or content shoots with the team, usually monthly as well as periodic one-on-ones with Graydon.
- proficient in managing, publishing, and creating content for all social media platforms and related apps, including YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- strong understanding and deep caring for skincare, beauty, clean beauty, and wellness.
- excellent content creation background, with experience capturing and editing mobile video content.
- exceptional writing, grammar, spelling, and editorial skills.
- competency in basic graphic design, such as with Canva.
- familiarity with community management
- blogging and/or publishing industry experience would be a strong asset.
- prior experience working in a similar role for a brand.
- proficient understanding of social media analytics.
- stellar organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- ability to work independently, in the context of a virtual team environment.
- bilingual French written proficiency would be a bonus.
Please forward your resume, relevant social handles, and any blog posts and/or samples of your writing to: email@example.com
Graydon Skincare is a sustainable, impact-driven clean beauty brand formulated with clinically proven active ingredients. Their female-founded (and led) brand believes 'every body' deserves good skin days every day… and Graydon makes that happen with purposeful, easy-to-use multifunctional products (for one's face, body, and hair) that serve a wide range of skin types, skin tones, and genders.
Inspired by their founder’s journey as a plant-based chef and yoga teacher, Graydon, affectionately known as “The Skin Chef”, still spends a lot of her time in her kitchen (aka home lab) formulating superfood inspired wellness concoctions, some of which evolve to become skincare products after they’ve been finessed by their cosmetic chemist.
Besides products that help you look and feel your best, Graydon is on a mission to make beauty better with the intention of leaving our world a better place. From thoughtful sustainably driven packaging choices, to transparent, full-disclosure ingredients, as well as third-party verifications, carbon offsetting, and the generous support of a wide range of charitable causes you can feel good about choosing Graydon Skincare.
Graydon Skincare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or age.