IN THIS ARTICLE:
We’ve talked about serums before. Our Beginner’s Guide to Skincare Serums article gives a good overview of what serums are, how they benefit the skin and how to use them. So let’s get right to it and discuss how to choose the Graydon Skincare serum that’s right for you.
We offer two luxurious serums. Both are formulated with plant-based, superfood ingredients and both are suitable for all skin types. That said, there are some important differences.
All about Fullmoon Serum
Fullmoon Serum is our water-based serum that works to hydrate, correct and protect the skin. It’s formulated with:
- Botanical retinol from moth bean extract helps to boost collagen production and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Peptides and amino acids from hibiscus extract, which help to plump the skin and reinforce the skin barrier.
- Hyaluronic acid derived from senna. As a powerful humectant, this ingredient draws moisture to the skin to keep it hydrated and supple.
- Chamazulene-rich blue tansy. This ingredient helps to soothe inflammation and calm skin redness for a more even complexion.
- Vitamin C from moringa. Well known for its antioxidant properties and skin brightening abilities, it also helps to protect the skin from airborne pollutants.
- Copper-rich malachite. This beautiful green gemstone helps to protect the skin from the elements.
Fullmoon Serum is perfect for dehydrated skin. If your skin is lacking water, it will often appear dull with sunken features and more pronounced fine lines and wrinkles. To tell if your skin is dehydrated, pinch a small amount of skin on your cheek. If your skin doesn’t bounce back quickly, it’s in need of some hydration!
The active ingredients in Fullmoon Serum help to add water to the skin, increase collagen production and reduce inflammation. This leaves the skin hydrated, plump and supple with an even complexion.
Don’t forget! Water evaporates off the skin in a process known as transepidermal water loss. It’s important to follow up with an occlusive product (to trap the water in your skin) after applying a water-based product like Fullmoon Serum.
All about Moon Boost Serum
Moon Boost Serum is our revolutionary new oil-based serum that acts as a multivitamin to moisturize the skin. It’s formulated with:
- Vitamin A from carrot seed oil to increase cell renewal and boost collagen production to minimize signs of aging.
- Vitamin B5 to soothe and soften the skin. It also helps to slow transepidermal water loss to keep the skin hydrated.
- Vitamin C to neutralize free radicals that can lead to premature signs of aging and help improve hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin D from shiitake mushrooms to help reduce inflammation and help maintain the skin barrier.
- Vitamin E from raspberry seed oil to help strengthen the skin barrier and protect the skin from environmental stressors.
- Vitamin F to help prevent the pores from clogging and improve skin elasticity, firmness and texture.
- Vitamin K from prickly pear seed oil to help to reduce the appearance of dark spots for a smoother complexion.
Moon Boost Serum works particularly well for dry skin. If your skin appears flakey, scaly, red and irritated, it likely means that your skin doesn’t produce enough sebum. In this case, an oil-based serum is the perfect way to trap hydration and moisturize the skin so it looks and feels its best.
All of the nutrient-rich superfood oils in Moon Boost Serum work together to improve the overall health and radiance of your skin. It’s an especially great way to support your skin as the seasons change.
Can I use both serums?
Absolutely! In fact, I encourage it! There are two ways to do this.
You can use one of our serums in the morning and the other in the evening. I recommend Fullmoon Serum as part of your morning routine. Because the bio retinol in Fullmoon Serum doesn’t have the same side effects as conventional retinol, it’s safe to use during the day.
Moon Boost Serum is a great addition to your evening routine. As you sleep, the superfood oils have time to work their magic so you wake up with glowing skin!
The other way to use both serums is by mixing up a Skin Smoothie! Not only is our Serum Luxe Skin Smoothie the easiest way to get the benefits of both serums, they actually work better together!
The water-based Fullmoon Serum helps to absorb the nutrient-rich oils in Moon Boost Serum. Plus, the vitamin E in Moon Boost Serum helps to boost the function of the vitamin C in Fullmoon Serum.
To create a Serum Luxe Skin Smoothie, mix 2 drops of Fullmoon Serum, 2 drops of Moon Boost Serum and 1 spritz of Face Food Mineral Mist in the palm of your hand before applying. Follow up with your favourite Graydon Skincare moisturizer. This Skin Smoothie is suitable for morning and/or night.
- Facial serums are skincare products that contain increased amounts of active ingredients.
- Both Graydon Skincare serums are suitable for all skin types.
- Fullmoon Serum is a water-based serum that is great for dehydrated skin. It contains:
- Vegan hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin.
- Bio retinol to boost collagen production.
- Peptides and amino acids to plump the skin.
- Moon Boost Serum is an oil-based serum that works well for dry skin. It contains:
- Vitamin B5 to soothe and soften the skin.
- Vitamin D to reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin F to improve skin texture.
- Both Graydon Skincare serums can be used together.
- Try mixing up a Serum Luxe Skin Smoothie today.
To use, or not to use an eye cream: that is the question. Read on to learn everything you need to know about eye creams,