We recently chatted with The Honest Leaf about how to incorporate their calming chamomile tea into our favourite DIY face mask!
- 5 tbs of Honest Leaf's Chamomile Tea
- 1 tbs of Bentonite Clay
- 1 tbs of Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1 tbs of Coconut Yogurt
- 1 capsule of Powdered Zinc
- Steep the 5 teaspoons of tea in 1 oz of boiling water in a small bowl or mug. Let cool to room temperature.
- Using a small whisk, blend the bentonite into the cooled tea. Let sit for a minute until the texture firms up.
- Stir in the pumpkin seed oil and yogurt.
- Open the capsule of zinc and sprinkle it over the mixture, then stir it in.
How to Use & Store:
- Apply this mask over your cleansed (and if possible exfoliated) face and let sit for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Upon massaging your face with warm water, remove the mask with one of our warm wet eco sea sponges, and follow up with your favorite Graydon moisturizer.
- Spoon the remaining amount into a small mason jar and use daily or on an as-needed basis.
- Store in the fridge and apply in the morning while you’re in the kitchen making breakfast!
Benefits of Ingredients:
- Chamomile: soothing and anti-inflammatory
- Bentonite: is a food grade mineral clay that expands when mixed with liquid draws out impurities.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil: is both moisturizing and anti-inflammatory due to a high percentage of zinc.
- Coconut Yogurt: contains probiotics which help balance bacteria that can cause breakouts.
- Zinc: helps alleviate red inflamed skin and scars associated with acne, and may also help in reducing sebum production.