Here's a healthy and delicious recipe you can try. These black bean brownies are delicious while being full of fiber and omega 3s. Topping them off with some blueberries or sunflower seeds gives it a nice crunch. I also love adding a bit of homemade coconut cream on top. Keep reading for the full brownie and coconut recipe!
- 1 15-oz. can black beans (make sure to rinse and drain)
- 2 large flax eggs (2 heaping Tbsp (~16 g) flaxseed meal + 6 Tbsp (90 ml) water as original recipe is written)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (can substitute with other oils)
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 heaping cup organic coconut sugar (slightly ground or pulsed in a food processor or coffee grinder for refined texture)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Sunflower seeds
- Whipped Coconut Cream
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon of white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk, 8 hours or overnight.
- Place metal mixing bowl and beaters in the refrigerator or freezer 1 hour before making whipped cream.
- Open can of coconut milk, taking care not to shake it. Scoop coconut cream solids into cold mixing bowl. Reserve remaining liquid for another use.
- Beat coconut cream using electric mixer with chilled beaters on medium speed; turn to high speed. Beat until stiff peaks form, 7 to 8 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla extract to coconut cream; beat 1 minute more. Taste and add more sugar if desired.