Avocados have been the toast of the town for years—but now you can get your superfood and drink it too.
Not to be confused with high glycemic Bailey’s Irish Cream, avocado adds creamy deliciousness.
Plus the good-for-you fat in it really helps keep your blood sugar in check (which will also curb your desire to satiate your hunger with more liquor).
All you need to do is mash it up and throw it in the blender. Here's how:
Graydon's Adult Avo Smoothie
2 Tbsp avocado
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/3 cup pineapple cubed into small pieces, plus more for garnish
3 lime wedges
2 mint sprigs
1 oz. tequila
- Mix up your ingredients in a blender and garnish with a handful of pineapple chunks.
- Pour into martini glasses.
- And for an extra kick, add a Citrus Salt Rim.
Double or quadruple the recipe if you want to make a pitcher and entertain friends
Citrus Salt Rim
1 Tbsp lime zest
1/2 cup Himalayan salt, divided
- Place the lime zest and 1/4 cup of the salt in blender and grind until slightly powdery.
- Mix with the remaining 1/4 cup of salt.
- Fill a saucer with a quarter of an inch of salt mix. Next, moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge.
- Tip the glass on its side, parallel to the saucer. Gently roll the glass’s stem between your fingers, tapping the rim gently in the salt mix until the entire outer edge is covered.