I love the silky soft feeling coming out of the shower after smoothing myself with some lovely aromatic body oil. It makes me feel a little well... SEXY!
There are some great body oils (including OURS) that you can purchase BUT guess what?? You can make one yourself -- and here are my tips on how to go about this.
I like to use ingredients found right from my kitchen such as Sunflower, Rice Bran and Grapeseed oil. I just mix equal parts up in a 240ml bottle (which is easy to get at the dollar store, if you don't have one at home)
Just in case you didn't know:
- Sunflower Oil has high amounts of Vitamins A, B, D and E. Deeply nourishing, sunflower oil helps to treat dry & damaged skin as well as eczema and psoriasis.
- Rice Bran is an amazing oil which is extracted from the bran or outer coat of the brown rice grain removed during the milling process. With a high percentage of fatty acids Rice Bran Oil is one of the best sources of tocotrienols, which is much more powerful and effective than Vitamin E. It is also contains something called gamma-oryzanol, a compound that can impede the progress of melanin pigmentation, hindering UV ray transmission.
- Grapeseed oil is lovely because of its light, satin like finish. It has an astringent quality which makes it appropriate for oily, acne prone skin.
For an aroma that is both soothing and sensual I choose pure essential oils to infuse into the carrier oils. I shy away from citrus derived e/o's because they can irritate sensitive skin (ie. not so good for intimate play) Nor do I suggest overly floral ones. (Save those rose petals to arrange on your partner’s pillow)
Lavender, chamomile and sandalwood is my MOST favourite combination of essential oils. Whatever you choose, just start by adding no more 20 drops per 8oz/240ml's of carrier oil. Remember, you can always amp it up and add more.
In case you were wondering:
- Lavender is regarded as the most useful and versatile essential oil for easing muscles tension. Its aroma is said to have a calming effect on the body and can be used to reduce stress.
- Chamomile is both soothing and relaxing.
- Sandalwood is one of the oldest known materials, and dates back 4000 years. Its scent is warm, balsamic, woodsy and has a euphoric yet grounding psychological effect that promotes a wonderful sense of well being.
When all of these items are blended together, you will find a million ways to use this amazing oil. The obvious place to use it is after a shower when your skin is still wet or right in the bath. BUT you can use it to cleanse and moisturize your face. (Like your make up will come right off). Or take it with you for your massage therapist to use. Even better, you can soothe your dry cuticles and soak the ends of your hair over night. You will find endless love with your oil, maybe even 'under the sheets' :)
If you’re not up to a DIY project then we’ve got a wonderful solution for you right here..
Have fun and let me know how it goes. You can leave a comment here – or tag us via social media at @clinicalluxury